Sunday, June 15, 2014

Philippians 3:1


3:1From-now-on, my brothers, you must joy in (the) Lord. To write the same-things to you indeed (is) not slothful to me but to you (it is) safety.

Once again, Paul addresses the Philippian holy-people as “brothers” plus the word “my” – my brothers – reminding them that all holy-people have received the same holy spirit-life from God by means of the Lord Jesus Christ, which makes all holy-people children of God.

From now on (in this context referring to the rest of the time, as to the rest, pertaining to the time remaining, henceforth), my brothers…

·         it is imperative that you joy (rejoice, be in the state of elation or enjoyment, be joyful)

o   within the cause and sphere of action of the Lord (not in me nor in the fact of Epaphroditus' arrival – but you must rejoice in your Master; emphasis is being placed on the truth that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Master).

To write the same-things to you (repeating things that I have already written)…

·         indeed is not slothful to/for me (it is not tardy or lazy, there is no hesitation on my part, I am not shrinking from my responsibility)

·         but to/for you it is safety (for me to write the same things to you affords safety, gives surety, certainty, it cannot be tripped-up or thrown-down and thereby fall from its correct position).

Paul was reinforcing what he had already taught these holy-people. He was repeating himself by revelation, not because he was slothful, nor was he non-receptive to additional revelation, nor did he forget what he had already written!
[Reference: Galatians 5:22; Philippians 1:12.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post your Comment