Wednesday, January 22, 2014

John 20:11-18 - Mary the Magdalene after Jesus' resurrection

.11But Mary had stood towards the memorial-place outside crying, therefore as she cried she bent-alongside into the memorial-place, .12and views-with-attention two angels in white (outer-garments) sitting-down, one towards the head and one towards the feet where the body of Jesus used-to-lie.
.13And those say to her, "Woman, why do you cry?"
She says to them that, "They lifted my lord and I did not know2 where they put him."
.14Having said these-things she was turned into the-things behind and views-with-attention Jesus having stood2 and she had not known that he is Jesus.
.15Jesus says to her, "Woman, why do you cry? Whom do you seek-after?"
That-person considering that he is the gardener says to him, "Lord, if you lifted him up you must say to me where you put him and I will lift him."
.16Jesus says to her, "Mary." Having turned that-person says to him in-Hebrew, "Rabboni" - which is said (as) Teacher.
.17Jesus says to her, "You must not touch me for I did not-yet ascend2 towards the Father; but you must journey towards my brothers and say to them, 'I ascend towards my Father and your Father, even my God and your God.'"
.18Mary the Magdalene goes announcing to the learning-disciples that, "I saw2 the Lord" and these-things he said to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post your Comment