Thursday, January 23, 2014

Revelation 22:16

The resurrected Lord Jesus Christ says:

.16"I Jesus sent my angel to witness these-things to you, on the churches. I am the root and the genus of David - the star, the shining (star), the early (star)."

John writes these words that he hears – the Lord Jesus Christ says:

·         "Emphatically I Jesus sent (in Greek there is a definite word for “I” plus the name “Jesus” plus the verb meaning “I sent” giving great emphasis – I emphatically myself Jesus sent)

o    my angel (refer to Revelation 1:2)

§  to witness (to attest with information, to give the declaration of knowledge that my angel personally has and therefore can state and confirm it on the strength of his own authority) – to witness what? –

§  these-things (the revelation of events, etc, pertaining to and proceeding from me; refer to Revelation 1:1 and 2)

§  to you (plural pronoun – all of you),

§  emphatically on the churches (based upon and with regard to the churches; the motivating purpose or object for witnessing these things being the assemblies of people; Jesus sent his angel to witness this revelation to John so that John would then witness this revelation to the churches; refer to Revelation 1:4, 11 and 20, plus chapters 2 and 3).

·         Emphatically I am (in Greek there is a definite word for “I” plus the verb meaning “I am” giving emphasis – I myself am)

o    the root (the word "root" is used like a tree’s root relative to the tree itself and the nourishment that the root provides to produce fruit – here the Lord Jesus Christ calls himself the root in the figurative sense)

o    and the genus (the decent, kind, race, class, sort of being, lineage)

§  of David (King David was the first king whom God chose and anointed to rule over God's people; refer to Revelation 5:5) -

o    the star,

§  emphatically and specifically

§  the shining star (figuratively I am a star that is bright, brilliant, radiant, beaming-light),

§  the early star (figuratively I am the star that shines early in the morning, signifying the beginning of the new day for mankind; refer to Revelation 21:23)."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post your Comment