Sunday, January 26, 2014

John 8:12

.12Therefore again Jesus uttered-forth to them saying, "I am the light of the world; the (person) following me may never walk in the darkness but he will have the light of the life."

Following-on logically, Jesus further spoke to them saying...

·         "Emphatically I am (again there is emphasis by including a definite word for “I” – I myself am)

    • the light of the world (the absolute light that God is making available to/for mankind, human-beings, who inhabit the ordered-arrangement that God created);

·         the person who is following me (coming after me)

    • would never walk (the word translated “never” comes from two Greek words both meaning “no” or “not” – the double negative emphasizes the point – that person would not ever walk around, he would not at any time behave during the everyday living of his life, conducting himself)

§  in the darkness (within the character, attributes, and sphere of action of the lack or absence of God's light)

    • but on the contrary,
    • at a future time he will have the light of the life (referring to the fact that he will receive God's life which is holy spirit-life, eternal life; God's light consists of, issues, emanates His life)."


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post your Comment